The E-Knowledge Center for Liberal Reforms is expected to serve as reference hub on governance and public policy issues. The portal is expected to provide the academicians and the student community and also the wider audience, the key issues of the governance through presentations, advocacy papers, knowledge articles and books.
Visit e-Knowledge Center
Research, Analysis and Advocacy
- Research and Analysis of the functioning of democratic and constitutional institutions in India towards formulating and promoting political and governance reforms. This includes the scientific study and analysis of electoral, administrative, judicial reforms and related best practices and systems from across the world.
- Study, formulation and promotion of state/public policy alternatives in critical areas, compatible with the FDR’s reform goals independently or in collaboration with like-minded research institutions, individuals and civil society organizations; and promoting the capacity building of individuals, institutions and organizations in these areas.
Citizenship Training and Capacity Building
- FDR regularly imparts training to public-spirited citizens on various topics of democratic principles and processes, genuine empowerment of local governments, instruments of transparency and accountability, judicial and police reforms, youth: opportunities for growth, education and employment, etc.
- The training programmes are aimed at enhancing of citizen’s understanding of governance reforms, normative and practical aspects of active citizenship and concepts of citizen-centered governance, strengthening their leadership and communication skills for advocating citizen-centered governance.
- FDR regularly provides inputs on governance-related subjects to the print and electronic media in order to improve public understanding on various issues.There is participation in panel discussions, interviews and debate programmes on varied topics such as governance reforms, Electoral and Political reforms to form and shape the public opinion.
- Hundreds of articles on governance reforms and public policy issues have been published across mainstream newspapers and are being published as books.
- FDR provides internship opportunities to graduates/undergraduates/post-graduate students across different streams to gain insights into the public policy and governance issues. Internship work profile has research, drafting, communication, management opportunities.
- FDR alumni comprises of students from reputed institutions such as Azim Premji Univeristy, TISS, JNU, HNLU, GNLU, DSNLU, NUJS, NLSIU(Bangalore and Bhopal), Christ University, University of Delhi, HCU, MIT, Lady Shriram College, St.Xaviers, Shastra University, OP Jindal University, Madras Christian College, BITS, IITs, NIT, CBIT, etc
- FDR collaborates with several reputed academic organizations and domain experts to help the students enhance their knowledge and experience on real-time projects. To Apply, Click here