WHAT IS SURAJYA MOVEMENT?
As a part of FDR, non-partisan Surajya Movement was launched on 9th August 2012 in Hyderabad marking the ‘Quit India Movement’ day. It gave a slogan, ‘Quit Corruption.’ Advocating youth to be at forefront in transforming India, Surajya movement aims at GOOD GOVERNANCE and YOUTH EMPOWERMENT.
WHAT IS SURAJYA?
Su Rajya means Good Governance.
It assures that corruption is minimized, ensures equal opportunities for all, the views of the under privileged are taken into account and that the voices of the most vulnerable in society are heard in decision-making. It is also responsive to the present and future needs of society.
The main goals of Surajya are
1. Quality Education, Health and Opportunities for all
2. Right to Government Services;
3. Achieve Strong Lokpal & Lokayukta;
4. Empowerment of Local Governments;
5. Electoral Reforms
Few Surajya activities
- Round table conferences
- Voter registration drives in colleges
- Youth empowerment trainings
- Youth exposure visits
- Surveys on youth issues
- Youth empowerment seminars
- State level competitions on short films, slogans, photos, case studies etc
- Discussions and debates in colleges with eminent personalities.
- Photo exhibitions advocating surajya goals